Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Paddy's Parade Pics

We passed this car all dolled up for St Patrick's day on the way to Louisiana and Magazine.On Louisiana turning into Magazine we found lots of lovely "Irish" men beaded and tipsy and willing to swap kisses for flowers and beads!
Me being slobbered by one said Irish man!! Later one guy seemed to want to give me a hicky on my neck while sweeping me off my feet!!!!The yellow and gold flowers are for the Saints colours! They also had a Saints float -Sue and I show off our fancy beads from kisses!But then she did get an early start at the pet shop!!
Dazza , after feeling like a fifth wheel with all the kissing of Irish men , finally got a cabbage from the lovely 'lassies' on the parade float!! Our loot!! Nice knickers eh!!
This was my favourite "throw" handed to me by a NOPD dressed in Irish garb - I'm not gutsy enough to try it out - but let me know if anyone needs to.....
I think the sign worked - but I think in future I'll make it in advance and put more explanation on it to avoid getting beads hurled at me with obscenities!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cursed Tea,

Thanks for the photos. It looks like you were a few steps away from a small cable of fellow NO bloggers et al. And I think they were a bit light on the Cabbage this year...

Cursed Tea said...

I still have the glow of first love for this city .....
So cabbages abound - and if we had brought our camera to the Balcony Bar and taken shots of the street cleaning that would have been up too.

Oh - also there were guys using beer bottles as 'pins' and cabbages as bowling balls - right in the middle of Magazine - the cops just drove by oblivious!!

Thanks for posting
K

Cursed Tea said...

Oh and also I forgot - as a newbie I yell pretty loud - especially for cabbages!! :)

TravelingMermaid said...

Great pix! My original plan was to go to Mag & LA but I ended up at Prytania & LA. I'm so bummed - could've seen you and Varg and the Mighty A. Next time we must co-ordinate! I did see Ray at a coffee shop Sat morning but not at the parade....guess he decided 10 blocks was too far to walk. Old guys. heh.