Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Chocolate Billboard


OK, I know this isn't about N'awlins but I couldn't resist. Shoppers in Covent Garden in London ate a Thorntons Chocolate Billboard that weighed 860lbs and took 300 hours to make in only 3 hours!!

Yes in the UK "Pancake Tuesday" definitely pales into insignificant wimpishness compared with Mardi Gras here but we do eat a ridiculous amount of chocolate and particularly at Easter - the shelves bulge with Easter eggs - America has a long way to go to catch up. Thorntons is good chocolate - I wish I'd been strolling through Covent Garden today - yum!

2 comments:

Squirmy Popple said...

I hope people ripped pieces off and didn't just take bites out of it, because then everyone's saliva would get on the billboard and it would be kind of gross. I can't believe that I'm using the words "chocolate" and "gross" in the same sentence. :)

Squirmy Popple said...

Actually, I just realised that I didn't use the word chocolate in that sentence. I think I need to go take a nap.