Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Guuuuuuuuuulllp...........

Dean is lurking hoping to be classified a grown up hurricane tomorrow. His timing is close to that baytch storm that caused the federal flood. New Orleans in her fragile recovery lie uncertain in the cone of predictions.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried. I would be lying if I didn't say that most of the people in this city are worried. Not that everyone is talking about it. Its eerily quiet. I think we all hope Dean will just go on his merry way to somewhere else. Just the thought of a hurricane is difficult in this city. I am Scottish and have no hurricane experience but considering our over preparations for Ernesto last year, have no fear we will be high tailing it out of here. I have read enough about the state of the levees and the failures of the feds to help secure our safety. I cannot bring myself to think too much about it, let alone blog about it. But rest assured our fear is warranted.

Its scary because I love this place. Our lives are beginning to go well. Its like when you send a loved one off on a journey you pray that no harm comes to them and they arrive back to you in one piece. I am praying right now that New Orleans journey with Dean is a safe one, hopefully observing from the sidelines. God Bless New Orleans!!

5 comments:

Mark Folse said...

Hey it wouldn't be Rising Tide without a hurricane threatening. Hope you'lljoin us at the thing:
http://www.risingtidenola.com

Cursed Tea said...

mark
I am hoping to go to rising tide!!! Just depends on my work schedule - fingers crossed I can make some of it (but not all :(

Varg said...

Holy crap! Did you EVER get that stuff off yer windas?

Gwen said...

Best of luck. I hope no damage is done.

Cursed Tea said...

varg - he he he - we were hurricane virgins - could you tell!! and yes it came off becuase I took it down within 24 hours! but you shoulda seen the big ball of tape!!