Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year, New City, New Life

It has been way too long since I wrote anything on my blog. I can't believe that I didn't post an entry in December!!!

So an update is in order. And this is quite the update. At Thanksgiving Dazza quit his job - gulp - and gave his four weeks notice. So I drove back to Miami on the 22nd of December and on Christmas Eve we loaded both cars and drove to New Orleans leaving Miami to the plastic barbie dolls, freekie ugly transvestites and the Cubans.

So Dazza is all moved in and is going back to working in the arts (although has got a menial job to contribute some dosh in the meantime). He is happy for the first time in years (and so concurrently also is full of smart ass comments!!). We finally feel like we love where we live and have a life!! The fact that there is a pub just down the road (stumbling distance) with a wide aray of fine beers on tap also is plus - very much so for Dazza!!



In the meantime my Mum came to stay before Christmas and we visited a plantation (see above) and went on a tour of very very fancy and beautiful homes in the Garden District.




We heard a great jazz group in the French Quarter one Sunday morning - "Doreen's Jazz". They were incredible and Mum bought some of their CDs for Christmas presents.













Dazza came up for a day when she was here and she made Christmas dinner - a week early - and we opened all our British presents. Just like home without the Queens speech.









I was inspired to finally get out my acrylics and get painting and creating. When I figure out how to take decent photos of my work I'll post some examples.

I feel 2007 holds far more promise than previous years have and the most exciting part being able to enjoy our life!

1 comment:

Squirmy Popple said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for the visa advice - it's unfortunate that my boyfriend is American, otherwise I could just marry him and sort this whole mess out. :)

I spent Christmas and New Year at home in New York, but it was nice to return to Scotland, even though it continues to rain on an almost daily basis - I'm not sure I'd know what to do if it didn'...

-Katie