Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Why Why Why? I am so ANGRY and SAD!!!!

Why oh WHY should I be reading a story - no a HEADLINE STORY - in the Time Picayune that tells me that the corps of engineers have NOT DONE their JOB!!!!

Apparently they have NOT fixed the levees to pre-Katrina level. Apparently they most certainly have NOT improved the levees to withstand another Katrina. A small hurricane could flood this city again. Maybe they don't think that is such a big deal. Maybe they didn't see Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest or the likes. Maybe they have no appreciation for beautiful architecture in the French Quarter. Maybe they are tone-deaf and hate the music pouring out of the bars every night on Frenchman Street. Maybe they prefer peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to jambalaya, fried oysters and crawfish boils (I could go on).

WHAT have they been doing? WHO dropped the ball? WHO watched them drop the ball or MISSED them dropping the ball?

SOMEONE (W?) somewhere let us down REALLY bad this time!! Does no one KNOW what it means to CARE for New Orleans?

I am SO depressed. I knew when I moved here and got a job here that everything was too magical, too special to be for real. If this nightmare comes true this summer we will not live here, and I will be out of a job. Done. End of it.

If I had a mic you could hear me SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAM!!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

It seems absolutely crazy that the levees have not been improved. I really cannot understand why it would not be a given that this would have been done. Perhaps if people got together and organised some sort of protest, might that make a difference?